How to Enable Tethering on Android (Portable Wi-Fi Hotspot)

There are still many folks who don't know how to enable Portable Wi-Fi Hotspot on their android smartphone or tablet devices. There is no doubt that it's really an important and useful feature especially for those who have gotten multiple Android Devices.

Android Portable Wi-Fi Hotspot

Actually, I wrote this tutorial to explain the way to turn that feature on as it explained simply with the support of photos and tips with each step. You can have an easy access to the internet with multiple devices from just one device connected.

You can benefit from Android Portable Hotspot to tether any device (with no access to the internet) to your android device that has an active Mobile Data Connection and share it over Wi-Fi.

How to Get Started?

Simply, make sure to open your Android Settings on your smartphone or tablet and follow each step accordingly. Please perform these steps on a device with an active Mobile Data Connection that has to be shared with others.

Step 1 (Open More Network Settings)

Click on "More" to expand network settings.

Step 2 (Open Android Tethering Settings)

Click on (Tethering & portable hotspot).

Step 3 (Enable Android Portable Hotspot)

Just tick the square and configure your hotspot.

How to Configure Android Portable Wi-Fi Hotspot?

As you can see, you can open these settings to configure your Personal Wi-Fi Hotspot through the (Step 3) above that you have followed by clicking on "Portable Wi-Fi Hotspot Settings". In order to configure your hotspot, you can change the (Network Name) and (Security Password) of your Portable Hotspot by clicking on "Configure Wi-Fi Hotspot".

Here you can personalize your Wi-Fi Hotspot.

Also, be sure to make your fresh Wireless Network visible to other devices such as laptops, smartphones, tablets or any device that can connect to a network through Wi-Fi by ticking the "Discoverable" square as shown on the picture above.

Note: Please note that when any device joins your Android Portable Hotspot, it will appear under the "Connected Devices" tab and there is a limit of only 10 devices to be connected at one time.

My name is Saleem and I have always been in love with technology which is the knowledge that I am seeking for. I like everything about computers, smartphones and operating systems.

Explore More

Share Your Thoughts

19 Comments

Speak your mind
January 4, 2015 at 11:45 AM ×

i have tried this many time on my xperia z mobile but the other phone isn't recieving wifi signal.

Noyon Sazu
admin
April 9, 2015 at 12:23 AM ×

Hi,
Thanks your for your good post about how to setup hotspot on android device. Recently I was publish a site that provide how to setup hotspot on all android device Hotspot Setup if you want to know bit more about Hotspot setup please try it.
Thanks
noyon

GadgetSpeaks
admin
June 2, 2015 at 9:35 AM ×

I will use some data of this post on my own tech blog, nice article :)

CheatJunc
admin
June 2, 2015 at 9:37 AM ×

Great points about Wifi tethering, though new model of phones have inbuilt functionality.

July 12, 2015 at 2:04 AM ×

Your blog provided us with valuable information to work with.Thanks a lot for sharing. Keep blogging.

Charu Jain
admin
July 23, 2015 at 3:37 AM ×

Thanks for sharing this information with us. Now i am also sharing a very good news with you. Now you dont need to pay for itunes codes, you can get these codes absolutely free. So click here for free itunes codes

Unknown
admin
October 7, 2015 at 4:06 AM ×

there are so many users around the world for wifi and this is a good thing for all the people because you are in the era of technology just try to avail it other wise this will not be a good thing for any one. saleonleather.com

October 12, 2015 at 3:36 AM ×

This types of information will defenetly increase the konwledge of all the people in the world regarding wifi and android.because in these days it is very important for all of us and this technology is very helpful.

December 4, 2015 at 9:28 AM ×

great to have this moviestarplanet games for starcoins and diamonds.

January 13, 2016 at 10:16 PM ×

The App Store doesn't have any plan-bypassing hotspot apps! And visit to here! architecture dissertation help

Anaa Angel
admin
February 15, 2016 at 4:53 AM ×

Nice to read this post about "How to Enable Tethering on Android (Portable WI-Fi Hot spot)" you have shared informative post and Incredible focuses about WiFi tethering, however new model of phones have inbuilt usefulness. Order essay online

NITIZ MURDIA
admin
March 31, 2016 at 11:28 PM ×

I am here grateful to you for quality content posting
IVF Centre in Delhi

Alice Miller
admin
May 13, 2016 at 3:14 AM ×

All papers are finished on time. Moreover, application essay for college they are ready for immediate submission to your professor.

a10
admin
May 31, 2016 at 1:36 AM ×

I really enjoyed reading your article.

roblox
admin
May 31, 2016 at 1:37 AM ×

I found this as an informative and interesting post, so i think it is very useful and knowledgeable.

May 31, 2016 at 1:37 AM ×

I would like to thank you for the effort you have made in writing this article.

slither io
admin
July 19, 2016 at 6:24 AM ×

If you like click to play slither io , wingsio , abc

August 29, 2016 at 12:30 PM ×

Portable Hotspot is very good feature. The first time when I was trying to enable wifi I found it very difficult in my samsung S-duos phone. But later on I was able to configure it properly. Click Here for Rivers in India

Please comment on topic, if you write something that doesn't make sense then it will be trashed at my spam folder.
ConversionConversion EmoticonEmoticon