|Supporting DRM-Free Content|
Actually, we are helping users to enjoy the content that they have bought in the manner of their choice with every right to gain full ownership over it. I am going to explain every point related to that subject clearly.
What is DRM-Removal?It is the operation of getting beyond the right to logically own your Purchased Materials by circumventing the Digital Rights Management (DRM) on them. Which allows you to gain full advantage over your items. Obviously, it is not piracy because consumers will really need to enjoy consuming their legally purchased materials in Any Way they wish.
Warning : Never send the (DRM-Free) content to anybody else and keep it only for self-use. Also, keep in mind that the purpose of removing DRM is to enjoy your legally purchased Books or Media on other devices.
Why to Remove DRM?According to defectivebydesign.org DRM (Digital Rights Management) are about restrictions, not rights. Apparently, users try to get rid of it so they can gain full advantage over their purchased content. Obviously, these are the most important reasons (or restrictions) that lead the user to use DRM-Remval :
- You are restricted to use the purchased content only on a certain device.
- You are restricted to read the purchased e-Book only on a certain e-Reader.
- DRM gives media and technology companies the ultimate control over every aspect of what people can do with their media.
- If a company decide to stop running the Media or e-Book we would lose what we have paid for.
- DRM attempts to make every possible use of digital goods something that must be granted permission for.
- DRM creates a direction for only few companies to take over the distribution of content in their hands.
- Some e-Book readers like to write notes inside their books but DRM prevents it.
Digital Restrictions Management is technology that controls what you can do with the digital media and devices you own. When a program doesn't let you share a song, read an e-Book on another device, or play a game without an internet connection, you are being restricted by DRM.
In other words, DRM creates a damaged good. It prevents you from doing what would normally be possible if it wasn't there, and this is creating a dangerous situation for freedom, privacy and censorship.
Is DRM-Removal Legal?DRM-Removal is legal in a lot of cases but users must know that there still are obligations that a user has to care about or else it is not legal to perform that task on any type of content.
This is only legal as long as you are the original owner of the content and you are planning to remove DRM to fully gain the right of ownership NOT for redistributing it to others for free.
In fact, it is only legal as long as you are the Original Owner of the content. Also, your intention to remove DRM must be for gaining the right of ownership over it (or any other reason written above) and is NOT for sharing or redistributing it for free. If you have any question or concerns about DRM-Removal do not hesitate to ask in the iSmooth Blog Community Section.