|iTunes & iBooks (DRM Removal)|
Requiem 4.1 is the latest version to remove DRM from iTunes (Music & Videos) and it can even work on content that has HD quality of 1080p. But, Requiem 3.3.6 is the only tool to remove DRM from iBooks (Apple e-Books). If you have any question or concerns about whether is it legal or not you are welcome to see our DRM-Removal Policy.
Anyway, if you wish to start by downloading Requiem right now, go ahead and scroll down directly to the download section at the end of this article.
What is Requiem (Free DRM Removal) Method?This method uses Requiem (FairPlay) for DRM Removal which is compatible with Mac & Windows and able to remove the protection on media content (Music and Movies) taken from iTunes, and the protection on iBooks as well. so, you can convert Apple e-Books to any other format!
What Version of iTunes or Requiem to use?First of all, you have to know that Requiem isn't compatible with iTunes 11, because Apple has patched it. So, if you really want to strip DRM successfully, then you would have to downgrade your iTunes.
- Uninstall your current version of iTunes.
- Set-up the necessary version of iTunes.
- Re-download the file you want to decrypt.
iTunes (Media & Movies) DRM RemovalIn this case, you choose to decrypt (Music or Movies) which requires the combo of Requiem (Version 4.1) and to install whether iTunes (Version 10.6.x) or (Version 10.7).
iBooks (Apple e-Books) DRM RemovalIn this other case, you choose to decrypt (Apple e-Books) which requires the combo of Requiem (Version 3.3.6) and to install iTunes (Version 10.5.3).
How to use Requiem?
- Download Latest Requiem : Keeping track of Requiem version is necessary and the Download Link is below. Because Apple is continually updating the DRM method on iTunes content.
- Synchronize and Authorize : To decrypt purchased iBooks, you will need to sync them through iTunes to an iPhone or iPad to retrieve a valid key and to authorize your system to use the content of iTunes or iBooks.
- Run Requiem : it will scan your iTunes Library and remove the DRM of iTunes content automatically.
How to Troubleshoot Requiem Errors?If you are encountering an error like "Key not found. can iTunes play this file?" or "Key not found. can you read this book?"
Method 1Try removing your (Book or Media) from iTunes, syncing your iPhone, adding them back into itunes, then syncing your iPhone again.
Method 2Deauthorize system and delete all files in the iTunes directory (SC Info) "/Users/Shared/SC Info/SC Info.sidb" then Reauthorize the system and re-download (Books or Media), Run requiem again.
Method 3In case you're using 64-bit windows and installed Java 64-bit, uninstall Java and then re-install it, but make sure you get the 32-bit version (even if your system is 64-bit).
If you are encountering an error message like "You need to use iTunes 10.6.3 or later." while you are trying to use the combo of Requiem (Version 3.3.6) and iTunes (Version 10.5.3) for Apple iBooks DRM Removal.